Role also available in
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
We are an international team of software developers, hardware designers, test engineers, and application engineers. Together we create satellite navigation receivers for consumer, industrial and wearable markets. We develop requirements for new products together with product strategy teams and then build, test, and release GNSS receiver software which runs in the u-blox GNSS receiver ASIC platforms. We also design and test receiver modules based on those ASICs.
As an Embedded Software Engineer
, your role will encompass various responsibilities throughout the entire lifecycle of our standard precision GNSS products development. You will be involved in key stages, from feature definition to feature integration, development of product-specific functionalities, test results analysis, and bug investigation and fixing. With your expertise, you will contribute to the successful implementation of embedded software in our cutting-edge products. To be successful in this role, you need good knowledge of embedded systems and GNSS receiver technology. If you do not have general GNSS/navigation technology experience already, you are expected to acquire it on the job.Your responsibilities
Your Skills and Experience
- Feature Definition: collaborate with cross-functional teams to define product features and requirements.
- Feature Integration and Development: design, develop, and integrate software for embedded systems. You will utilize the C programming language to implement efficient and reliable software solutions.
- Test Results Analysis: conduct thorough analysis of test results to identify areas for improvement. Interpret test data, identify patterns, and provide insightful feedback to enhance firmware functionality, performance, and reliability.
- Bug investigation and Fixing: identify, debug and resolve software defects, applying effective troubleshooting techniques. Analyze reported bugs, identify root causes, and implement appropriate fixes.
- Collaboration and Communication: engage in collaborative efforts with cross-functional teams. Effectively communicate technical concepts, challenges, and solutions to stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: stay at the top of the latest advancements in embedded software development, industry trends, and emerging technologies. Share knowledge with the team, recommending improvements to software development processes and practices.
What are your perks?
- BSc or MSc degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- Embedded Software Integration and Development: good knowledge of embedded software development, including 5 or more years of professional experience in coding, debugging, and integrating software for embedded systems. Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++ commonly used in embedded systems is essential.
- Scripting: knowledge of a script language like Python or Perl or willingness to learn this quickly.
- GNSS: basic knowledge of GNSS or navigation systems in general or willingness to learn this. Hands-on experience with GNSS receivers as user, developer or tester is an advantage.
- Testing and Test Results Analysis: ability to analyze test results, interpret data, and provide insights for improving software functionality, performance, and reliability.
- Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills: strong problem-solving skills to identify, analyze, and resolve complex technical issues in embedded software development incl. Debugging Tools and techniques.
- Documentation: strong documentation skills to create clear and comprehensive internal documentation about technical specifications, code implementation etc.
- Communication, Collaboration and proactivity: excellent teamwork and communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong English communication skills in conversation and writing.
Find out more about how it looks like to work at u-blox in this video!
- A multicultural and international company with over 60 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid working model & flexible working hours
- A strong learning environment and regular career discussions
- Bonus and Company long-term incentive plan.
- In Finland good basic benefits (commuting, lunch, sports&culture etc.)
- Sport activities and Team events.
- … and discover even more by talking with us!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Applications Close Date
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.